Monday, July 8, 2013

Listen to Amanda Berry's frantic 9-1-1 call to police

"I'm here. I'm free now," a frantic Amanda Berry told a 9-1-1 telephone operator moments after she escaped 10 years of captivity on Cleveland's West Side.
The Cleveland law Department released recordings this evening of calls to 9-1-1 about the discovery of Amanda Berry, Gina DeJesus and Michelle Knight, all of whom disappeared a decade or more ago.

Amanda Berry's 911 call

DownloadAmanda Berry's 9-1-1 call

The transcript

5:51:59 p.m.

Dispatcher: Cleveland 9-1-1
Amanda Berry: Hello police. Help me. I'm Amanda Berry.
Dispatcher: You need police, fire or ambulance?
Berry: I need police
Dispatcher: OK. And what's going on there?
Berry: I've been kidnapped. And I've been missing for 10 years. And I'm here. I'm free now.
Dispatcher: OK and what's your address?
Berry: 2207 Seymour Avenue
Dispatcher: 2207 Seymour? It looks like you're calling me from 2210.
Berry: Huh
Dispatcher: It looks like you're calling me from 2210.
Berry: I can't hear you
Dispatcher: It looks like you're calling me from 2210 Seymour.
Berry: Yeah. I'm with somebody. I'm using their phone.
Dispatcher: OK. Stay there with those people. Talk to the police when they get there.
Berry: OK. Uh ... Uh.
Dispatcher: OK. Talk to the police when they get there.
Berry: OK. (pause) Hello
Dispatcher: Yeah. Talk to the police when they get there.
Berry: OK. Are they on their way right now? I need them now.
Dispatcher: We're going to send them as soon as we get a car open.
Berry: No. I need them now, before he gets back.
Dispatcher: All right. We're sending them, OK?
Berry: OK. I mean like ...
Dispatcher: Who's the guy you're trying. ... Who's the guy who went out?
Berry: Uh. His name is Ariel Castro.
Dispatcher: How old is he?
Berry: He's like 52.
Dispatcher: All right ...
Berry: I'm Amanda Berry. I've been on the news for the last 10 years.
Dispatcher: OK. OK. I got that dear. I already ...
Berry: (inaudible)
Dispatcher: Yeah. I've got that. And what was his name again?
Berry: Ariel Castro.
Dispatcher: And is he white, black or Hispanic?
Berry: Hispanic.
Dispatcher: What's he wearing?
Berry: I don't know, because he's not here right now. That's how I got away ...
Dispatcher: When he left, what was he wearing?
Berry: (inaudible)
Dispatcher: OK. The police are on the way. Talk to them when they get there.
Berry: OK. I need ... OK.
Dispatcher: OK. I told you they were on their way. Talk to them when they get there, OK?
Berry. All right. OK.
Dispatcher: Thank you.
Berry: Bye

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a message for Amanda Berry, Gina DeJesus, Michele Knight

Ohio mom lashes out at social worker who 'groomed,' raped 13-year-old son Payton Shires, who allegedly filmed the sick crimes, has a 4-year-old son

  Ohio mom lashes out at social worker who 'groomed,' raped 13-year-old son Payton Shires, who allegedly filmed the sick crimes, has...