Tuesday, April 10, 2018

FIVE YEAR ANNIVERSARY!!!

Where are Berry, DeJesus, and Knight now

It has been almost five years since three women miraculously escaped from a Cleveland home where they had been held captive for a decade.

Since their escape on May 6, 2013, Amanda Berry, Gina DeJesus and Lily Rose Lee (formerly known as Michelle Knight) have been rebuilding their lives and relationships, and continuing to move forward.

Lee, who changed her name to reflect her favorite flowers, recently announced that she is working on her second book, “Life After Darkness: My Journey to Happiness.” It will publish on May 1, 2018, days before the five-year anniversary of her escape from captivity.

“She has kept a fairly low-profile,” says Georgina Levitt, publishing director for Weinstein Books, which is publishing Lee’s book. “There will be reveals about her new life.”

Her first book, the New York Times bestselling memoir Finding Me, revealed how a troubled childhood helped her cope with some of her darkest days in captivity.

“I don’t dwell on the past. I really try to look forward,” says Lee, 36. “I want to be remembered as a victor, not a victim.”

Meanwhile, Berry, now 32, has turned her attention toward spotlighting missing people in the northeast Ohio area. When she was inside captor Ariel Castro‘s home, he would let her see news segments of people searching for her. (Castro later hanged himself while serving a lifetime prison sentence.)

Berry is hosting a 30-second daily news segment on Cleveland’s Fox 8 because she wants missing people to know the public is still looking for them.

“I hope we get [the faces of] missing people out there and get people looking at them a second time, a third time, and looking at their name,” Berry told PEOPLE in an exclusive interview last February. “It’s kind of the small things that makes a big difference.”

As for DeJesus, 28 years-old and the youngest of the group, she has been quietly enjoying life with her tight-knit family in a new home in the suburbs of Cleveland.

4 comments:

  1. Tina White. 440-344-4266April 13, 2018 at 8:17 PM

    To these amazing three women who escaped and have moved on:
    You have inspired me to move on from my past as well. On the days that I feel like giving up, I think of each of you and I then put one foot upfront of the other and get going once again. Words can't explain the courage you've given me to set boundaries with the people who have abused me. All I can do is say thank you for keep on in those dark times I say once again thank you for just being you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember the day you three ladies were found, the nation was in shock and so very happy. You ladies brought so much life to those that ever felt like giving up. I just want you all to know that I think about you all the time and your strength will never go unnoticed. I hope your journey ahead is always bright and blessed. I know at some point time stood still but just know that what you have been through have made a big impact on so many people and we all appreciate your courage. I appreciate you all. I will never forget you all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow just watched the story it broke my heart man cant believe the animal did them like that so happy u guys are free and may he get what he deserve in prison....

    ReplyDelete
  4. I look up to you ladies , you have taught me to always look at the bright side and always keep my head up no matter how hard things get. May you're journey always be blessed! Brittney-bowling green ohio

    ReplyDelete

Leave a message for Amanda Berry, Gina DeJesus, Michele Knight

Ohio mom lashes out at social worker who 'groomed,' raped 13-year-old son Payton Shires, who allegedly filmed the sick crimes, has a 4-year-old son

  Ohio mom lashes out at social worker who 'groomed,' raped 13-year-old son Payton Shires, who allegedly filmed the sick crimes, has...