Wednesday, October 4, 2023

Michelle Knight is Married





Michelle Knight met her husband Miguel Rodriguez, a 39-year-old courier, through mutual friends on Facebook. They had been speaking on the phone for some time until meeting in person for the first time by running into each other at a restaurant.

“I looked up and said, ‘I’m not catfished. You’re really, really real,’ ” she remembers.

As their bond grew in strength, Knight still remained anxious about physical intimacy. In addition to Castro’s sexual abuse, Knight also had been abused as a child by a relative.

“I had some fears that any intimacy might feel like what Castro had done to me, what others had done to me,” she wrote in Life After Darkness. Click here to listen to a free audio sample of the book.

“We waited; we took our time,” she wrote. “When it did happen, I realized I didn’t have anything to fear. The experience was entirely different. What made the difference was love.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a message for Amanda Berry, Gina DeJesus, Michele Knight

Ohio mom lashes out at social worker who 'groomed,' raped 13-year-old son Payton Shires, who allegedly filmed the sick crimes, has a 4-year-old son

  Ohio mom lashes out at social worker who 'groomed,' raped 13-year-old son Payton Shires, who allegedly filmed the sick crimes, has...